- We (“hkappo.org.hk”) undertake to treat as confidential and keep secret all private or registration data (”the Information”) of the customer. We will apply and comply with the laws and principles of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486) of the Laws of Hong Kong and to meet internationally recognized standards of personal data privacy protection.
- The information is used only by us for the purposes stated in the respective screens on which we invite you to provide your data and in accordance with this policy statement. We will only use the information provided for the stated purposes. We do not use your personal data for any other purposes without your prior consent unless such use is permitted or required by law.
- To facilitate us to provide services to you from time to time, it is necessary for you on a voluntary basis to supply us with personal data. Personal data collected by us may include but not limited to the following:
b. e-mail address, address
c. telephone or pager or fax number
d. identity reference
e. bank account number and name
f. credit card number and expiry date, name of the bank
g. payment record
h. other materials in connection with our operations.
- Once we have obtained your personal data, they will be maintained securely in our system. Only the authorized staff, who has been properly trained, will be permitted to access to such personal data. We will also ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
- We do not collect any personal data from you during your browsing our web sites. When you visit our web sites we record your visit only as a “hit” and do not collect any personal data from you. The “hit” information is to allow us to compile general statistics to show the daily number of visitors to our site. We use this information only for preparing general statistics on the usage of our web sites. When you visit certain services of our web sites, we collect general information about your visits by means of cookies files. “Cookies” are small text files that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. The information is only used for analyzing your preference in relation to the service we provide. You have a choice not to accept the cookies files, but if you do not, certain functionality may not be available.
- Your personal data held by us will be kept confidential but we may provide such information to:
a. banks in connection with payment of relevant fees;
b. any other person or corporation under a duty of confidentiality to us which was undertaken to keep such information confidential;
c. where such disclosure is authorized or required by law; and
d. other third party organizations which may assist in our business.
- We may from time to time send direct mailing materials based on your personal data. If you do not want your personal data be used for the purpose of direct mailing, please advise us in writing or by e-mail.
- The Ordinance provides you the rights to ascertain whether we are holding your personal data, to obtain a copy of those data, and to correct any data that is inaccurate. Requests for access and correction should be sent to our e-mail address at firstname.lastname@example.org